As the 2016 season draws near, the National Football Foundation has partnered with Rogers Redding, the national coordinator of College Football Officiating, to generate awareness for rule changes in college football.
Changes for the upcoming season involve:
- Blocking Below the Waist
- Input From a Medical Observer
- Low Hits on the Passer
- Outcome of a Suspended Game
- Scrimmage Kick Formation
- Sliding Ball Carrier: Defenseless Player
- Starting the Clock Near the End of a Half
- Targeting: An Expanded Role for Instant Replay
- Tripping the Ball Carrier
- TV Access Inside the Limit Lines
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct by a Coach
- Use of Technology for Coaching
- Experimental Rule: Collaboration in Instant Replay
Click here to see a release from the NFF providing detail about each of these rule changes.